ABOUT ARCTIC MTB:
The mountain bike division uses the vast and every expanding single track and ski trials to create some of the most exciting racing events available. MTB offers a wide range of race categories that makes it easy for you to find just the right fit. From Juniors to Masters, Sport to Expert, we’ve got everyone covered. Have a low gear ratio? Tires a little fat? We have categories for you, too. So, come on, race with us, for your first time or your twenty-fifth! You’re guaranteed to have a blast!
Note to Parents:
Each Adult Membership includes up to 4 children under the age of 15. Please list each child in your account page under “add child”, this is necessary for club insurance purposes. Each child will still need to be registered on-site; listing them only ensures they are covered by ABC’s insurance policy. At this time only individuals with their own membership profiles can register online for events.
Juniors 15 and over need to have their own individual Junior Membership which requires an email and password. If you’re planning on signing your child up for a Junior Membership please make sure to sign out of your account before trying to purchase another membership. The system will not let you purchase two memberships on one account.
Online registration ensures our events run smooth and helps reduce the workload on our volunteer organization. Please only use day of registration as a last resort. Our registration system helps us verify that every racer is a member of the club which is required by our insurance policy.
Day of Registration
Day of registration will be available for most events but we encourage everyone to sign up in advance online. Signing up online makes our duties as a volunteer organization way easier and helps the flow of the event.
- Expert Men & Women – 3 laps This is the most competitive category. Again, there is no age limit in this category, but it is intended for experienced, fit racers who have completed many races.
- Master Men & Women – 2 laps (must be 50 or wiser) There is no experience necessary to race in this all-levels category. However, to enter the race in this category you must be at least 50 years of age as of January 1 of the racing year.
- Sport Men & Women – 2 laps A middle-of-the-road racer? Here ya go. There is no age limit in this category, and it’s intended for the racer who has done a few (or many) races, is familiar with race etiquette yet is not comfortable racing in the Expert category….yet. That said, we discourage experienced racers who might “sandbag” this category when they should really be racing in the Expert category. You know who you are!
- Open Single Speed Men & Women – 2 laps (must have only one gear)
- Open Fat Bike Men & Women – 2 laps (must have 3.8 or wider rims)Beginner Men & Women – 1 lap This is the place for anyone new to the sport of mountain bike racing. There is no age limit and no experience is necessary. It’s a great place to learn how to race. If you’re new to racing, we encourage you to enter this category until you’re comfortable handling your bike in a race situation and you understand the basics of race etiquette. The Beginner category is also a good spot for the casual racer, regardless of experience, who doesn’t care about results and would like to help beginners learn about racing.
- Junior Men & Women – 1 lap (must be under 18)The Junior category is for anyone 17 years of age or younger, regardless of ability. It primarily intends to provide these younger racers an opportunity to ride with racers of the same age. But if you are an older junior (15+) with significant racing experience, consider racing in the Beginner or Sport categories. Use your best judgment to determine if you would fit in one of these other categories. Juniors always race for FREE, regardless of what category they race in.
An active Arctic Bicycle Club membership is required to participate in races for insurance purposes. Money collected from membership dues goes toward improving the Arctic Bicycle Club as a whole.
Individual Membership is for racers 18 and over. We allow up to 4 children to be listed on each adult profile as a form of family membership. The family membership is designed for families with children under the age of 15 with no email addresses yet. Children listed under an adults profile will need to register on-site as online registration is only available to those with their own profile.
Junior Membership is for racers 17 and under. We want to encourage young riders to experience the joy of cycling. That’s why all riders 17 and under with an active junior membership ride for free in any race they sign up for! Each junior must be accompanied by an adult at each event.
It’s the policy of the ABC NO REFUNDS. Planning and developing an athletic event that ensures adequate support and supplies for participants is difficult. We rely on the registration information to provide us with an accurate participant count. Because this is vital to the success of our events, there will be no refunds once a registration has been processed.
Expert Men & Women – 3 laps
Master Men & Women – 2 laps (must be 50 or wiser)
Single Speed Men & Women – 2 laps (must have only one gear)
Sport Men & Women – 2 laps
Fat Bike Men & Women – 2 laps (must have 3.8 or wider rims)
Beginner Men & Women – 1 lap
Junior Men & Women – 1 lap (must be under 18)
Participants use full suspension, hard tail, fat, and single speed mountain bikes. While a top of the line mountain bike is not required, having a well bulit stead is highly recommended. Please visit your local bike shop for recommendations on the proper equipment for racing.
You will receive a race number plate that is installed on the front of your bike and used for the entire season. Make sure your race number is clearly visible to ensure and accurate time. If you lose your bib number please inform the race director at check in.